1. The Minneapolis Sculpture Garden is the largest urban sculpture garden in the country.
2. The Mall of America in Bloomington is the size of 78 football fields – 9.8 million sq. ft.
3. Minnesota Inventions: Masking/Scotch tape, the stapler, Wheaties cereal, Bisquick, HMO’s, Aveda products, Green Giant vegetables.
4. MN has 90,000 miles of shoreline, more than CA, FL, and HI combined.
5. The nation’s first BBB was founded in Minneapolis, MN in 1912.
6. Largest City in MN: Minneapolis
7. Aver. Temp in January: 11.2 F
8. State Fish: Walleye
9. State Bird: Loon
10. There are 201 Mud Lakes, 154 Long Lakes, and 123 Rice Lakes commonly named in Minnesota.